Watch!

Read:

Mark 13:35-37


Reflect:

I can tell you from personal experience that nothing moves faster than a parent who has put their kids to bed, opened up a snack for watching TV and heard the kids’ bedroom door open. I become a ninja while hiding snacks when I hear my daughter come out of her room unexpectedly. That’s why my ears are always finely tuned to the sound of her bedroom door.

I often wonder whether we (Christians) tend to be a bit more lax when it comes to God’s kingdom and what we’re supposed to do in it. When Jesus tells His disciples -and everyone- to watch, He is telling them to be ready. Not in order to know when He is coming back, but to keep up the intensity of our relationship with Him. We’re encouraged to view our faith, our relationship with Christ, as a current state of being; more than just something to look forward to after we die. It starts now and continues throughout our lives.


Respond:

Lord Jesus, thank you that you are with me now by your Spirit. Please help me stay focussed that I may be ready and blameless when you come again. Amen.


Remind:

“Ye servants of the Lord, each in his office wait, observant of the heavenly word, and watchful at his gate.”

~Philip Doddridge~


Photo by Valery Livada on Unsplash

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Torn (Holy Week - Good Friday)

Bread

Salt