Touch

Read:

Mark 5:30-34


Reflect:

It really seems like Jesus was a superstar in His time on earth. Crowds of people following Him around, everyone wanting to touch Him, maybe even to be healed by Him. Like the woman who touched His robe and was healed.

But what is the difference between her and the rest of the crowd that touched Jesus? I think the simple answer is faith. There was not a doubt in her mind that touching Jesus’ robe would heal her. Maybe she thought that she wouldn’t need to trouble Jesus if she can just touch His robe. But of course Jesus notices and attributes the miracle to her faith (v. 34).

May we too have that kind of faith.


Respond:

Lord Jesus, thank you that you know me and care for me. Thank you for inviting me to experience more of you than just the hem of your robe. Give me the faith to approach you openly and to put my trust in you. Amen.


Remind:

“True faith means holding nothing back. It means putting every hope in God’s fidelity to His Promises.”

~Francis Chan~


Photo by Jackson David on Unsplash

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Torn (Holy Week - Good Friday)

Bread

Word