Rest

Read:

Mark 6:30-31


Reflect:

Life can get very busy very fast. At times I’ve been so busy that I forgot to eat, then I struggle to work out why I’m so hungry!

The disciples experienced this too. They were so busy doing God’s work and ministering to the people that they didn’t even have their lunch. I’m sure this wasn’t the only time it happened.

Fortunately Jesus knows their needs better than they do themselves. So He calls them to Himself and tells them to take a break in a quiet place.

I love that Jesus isn’t all about the results and changing the world. This passage reminds me that He is also very relational, caring and wants what is best for us. We are more than mere tools in God’s hands to be used to build His kingdom. We are His children. We are His friends. We are loved by Him. So why not take a moment or two to sit and rest with Jesus alone. Doing this will never be time wasted.


Respond:

Lord Jesus, thank you that I am more than just useful in your kingdom. Thank you that you love me, that you care for me and that you provide for me. Thank you for the rest I can find in you. Please lead me to your waters of rest. Amen.


Remind:

“Rest time is not wasted time. It is economy to gather fresh strength... It is wisdom to take occasional furlough. In the long run, we shall do more by sometimes doing less.”

~Charles Spurgeon~


Photo by Cassandra Hamer on Unsplash

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Torn (Holy Week - Good Friday)

Bread

Word