Family

Read:

Mark 3:31-35


Reflect:

I always thought this passage shows a bit of a rebellious side to Jesus. Or maybe that He is anti-family. I don’t think so anymore.

I see two groups of people in this passage: those who stayed outside (Christ’s mother and brothers) and those sitting inside around Jesus. It is the latter that Jesus calls his family; those who chose to be with Him.

It reminds me of Mary and Martha and what Jesus says about Mary having chosen ‘what is better…’ (Luke 10:42).

May we too choose to sit with Christ in humility, rather than call for Him while waiting outside, and in choosing what is better, be called brothers and sisters of Jesus.


Respond:

Lord Jesus, thank you that I have an open invitation to be with you. Help me to approach your side in humility and openness that I might be called your sister/brother. Amen.


Remind:

”Real security can only be found in that which can never be taken from you - your relationship with God.”

~Rick Warren~


Photo by Sandy Millar on Unsplash

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Torn (Holy Week - Good Friday)

Bread

Salt