Crowd

Read:

Mark 3:9-10


Reflect:

In my late 20’s a friend and I went to see an international band play live in Cape Town. We were happy to be further from the stage near the back of the hall where it was less crowded. At one point in the show the drummer did an incredible 6-minute drum solo, which was pretty impressive. Unbeknownst to anyone the lead singer sneaked around to the back of the hall during the drum solo and got onto a raised platform with a microphone and a guitar  just behind where my friend and I were standing. Suddenly everyone noticed and a sea of people just swarmed towards the makeshift stage, catching us in the current. It was a stampede of people just wanting to be near this musician.

Reading today’s passage I have this picture in mind: a sea of people just swarming to wherever Jesus was. And though Jesus knew every one of them (Psalm 139:16), not all of them knew Jesus. It’s easy to get swept up in a crowd (as we see just before and during Christ’s crucifixion), but it’s something different to get to know Who the hype is about. We have this opportunity now to meet with Him intimately; to not be just a face in the crowd.


Respond:

Lord Jesus, thank you that you know me better than I know myself and that you still love me. Please draw me closer to you and let me know you more. Amen.


Remind:

“Most of us know about God, but that is quite different from knowing God.”

~Billy Graham~


Photo by CHUTTERSNAP on Unsplash

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Torn (Holy Week - Good Friday)

Bread

Salt